EACR offers grants to members
June 23, 2016
June 23, 2016
Recently we learned that the EACR (European Association for Cancer Research) offers travel grants and bursaries to it’s members. Furthermore, it turns out that many research scientists don’t even know they are members of EACR!
National associations such as the British Association for Cancer Research are affiliated with the EACR, meaning that if you are a member of the national body you’re automatically a member of EACR – with the benefits that come with it such as the opportunity to apply for travel grants. What surprised me and many other scientists I speak to is that there is a very good chance of receiving an EACR travel grant if you apply for it.
Here’s the list of associations affiliated to the EACR:
- AEK: Arbeitsgemeinschaft experimentelle Krebsforschung der Deutschen Krebsgesellschaft (The German Cancer Society for Experimental Cancer Research)
- ASEICA: Asociación Española de Investigación sobre el Cáncer (The Spanish Association for Cancer Research)
- ASPIC: Associação Portuguesa de Investigação em Cancro (Portuguese Association for Cancer Research)
- BACR: Belgian Association for Cancer Research
- BACR: British Association for Cancer Research
- HDIR: Hrvatsko društvo za istraživanje raka (Croatian Association for Cancer Research)
- DSCF: Dansk Selskab for Cancerforskning (Danish Association for Cancer Research)
- IACR: Irish Association for Cancer Research
- ISCR: Israeli Society for Cancer Research
- MOKAD: Moleküler Kanser Araştırma Derneği (The Association for Molecular Cancer Research, Turkey)
- MOT: Magyar Onkológusok Társasága (Hungarian Cancer Society)
- SDIR: Srpsko društvo istraživača raka (Serbian Association for Cancer Research)
- SIC: Società Italiana di Cancerologia (The Italian Cancer Society)
- SFC: Société Française du Cancer (The French Cancer Society)
If you don’t belong to one of these associations but would like information about joining EACR directly so that you can take advantage of their travel grants and bursaries, you can find out more on their membership page:
EACR membership page
We hope you find this information useful!