Thank you for your interest. This travel grant is now closed to new applications (14th January 2017).
This grant from ScienceImpact is a $1000 (USD) award kindly sponsored by the team at Novus Biologicals. It was aimed at PhD students, post-docs and new PIs working in wet-lab life-science research environments.
ScienceImpact offers these grants as our small way of helping new scientists advance their career.
Working in a life science ‘wet’ lab as a PhD student, post-doc or new PI
Use the award to attend a recognised scientific meeting within 12 months of receiving the grant
The recipient of the award to write a short article describing the meeting; this may be published on our website
Reside in the US, Canada or Asia-Pacific
Selection process and timing
The recipient of the award will be selected by random draw in January 2017.
We will then notify all the applicants by email the results of the Novus Biologicals Travel Award.
How to apply…
Applications for this travel grant are now closed (14th January 2017).
Frequently asked questions…
“If I win, how will the award be paid?”
We pay the money to your organisation, finance department etc, and they direct the money to you. This stops random members of the public applying for our awards.
“If I apply for this award, can I apply for future grants from you?”
Yes. You may apply for as many of our awards as you wish.
“Can I use the award to pay for a meeting I have already been to?”
It must be used to pay for conferences that occur after you are awarded the grant.
“How do you define a ‘new PI’?”
New PIs (principal investigators) are in their first three years of being the lead researcher of their research group having secured an independent grant to fund the work.
“I’m organising a meeting – can you provide us some funding or travel grants?”
At this time we don’t offer funding or grants to specific conferences. We only offer the travel grants that are publicised on our website.
“What can I use this money for?”
This award is to help with travel and meeting costs for a scientific conference anywhere in the world. It must be a life-science related meeting; for example, SfN or EACR.
“How do I apply?”
Press the green button ‘Apply for Travel Grant’. Complete the application form survey. Cross fingers.
“I’ve completed the application form survey – do I need to do anything else?”
No that’s it. Oh and cross fingers, pray to your god, wish upon a star – whatever works for you.
“Who is running this award?”
This award and all awards on this website are run by ScienceImpact. We are not affiliated with any other companies other than receiving their sponsorship for various awards.
Terms and Conditions
- The award money will be paid to the recipient via their institution or organisation.
- The onus is on the recipient to confirm that their institution or funding body allows them to receive awards of this nature, and if required to do so, the recipient must disclose the receipt of these funds to any relevant authority.
- Travel grant awards are not intended to be ‘saved’ for a future unknown event; the funds must be used for a scheduled and recognised scientific meeting within 12 months of receipt of the award.
- Applicants must work in a ‘wet-lab’ life-science research environment in a field such as molecular & cell biology, and be over 18 years of age.
- Only one application per person per grant is permitted. If an applicant attempts to circumvent this by using different email addresses or variations of their name, we reserve the right to remove all of their applications.
- The winner of the award is selected by random draw from the pool of applicants; this process is managed by ScienceImpact and our decision is final.
- If the award is sponsored by a third-party company it will clearly state this on the Award Page and any survey data collected, including contact details, are passed onto the sponsoring company. All sponsoring companies agree to honour any unsubscribe requests.